Editorial Note: Commissions may be earned from partner links on A4 Auto Transport, but this will not affect our editor's opinions or assessments. Our content is based on hours of research and industry experience to help end-users.
As everyone knows, thinking of shipping a car to another state has always been a scary thing. Many people put off their planning due to the cumbersome exercise of a long drive.
Keeping in view their problem some auto transport companies started automobile shipping services which are not only a safe way to move your cars to another state but also save you the tension of long drive with an extra saving of expenses.
To ship a car to another state, many companies provide door-to-door services to their customers. You have to just contact them through phone calls, emails, or by putting their requests on the websites of such companies. On receiving your request their representative will contact you to finalize the deal.
All the diversified and developed cities of the USA are the homes of multiple moving businesses. However, finding the appropriate one that can meet all of your requirements is not easy.
Furthermore, because there are many bogus movers out there, you should be cautious when seeking the best alternative. To assist you in making an informed decision, it is suggested to be very cautious while choosing a service provider of automobile shippers. There are some points to ponder before stepping forward.
A4 Auto Transport has car shipping experts that can assist you with how to ship a car to another state.
There are two popular ways to transport a car to another state:
1) Open Air Trailer
Open Air Trailer:
These sorts of carriers are more commonly available, which helps to explain why they are less expensive. Having your car fully visible throughout the journey also benefits the driver to spot any signs of damage right away. On the other hand, open-air carriers imply that your vehicle will be exposed to the elements, including adverse weather, throughout its journey. In the first place, this renders it more vulnerable to harm.
Timing is another important feature of open-air carry transportation. Because open air carriers handle roughly a dozen vehicles at a time, their journeys typically include many stops. This may cause your vehicle’s delivery date to be pushed back, and it may also mean that your vehicle is delivered to a central point in your neighborhood rather than directly to your door. When getting quotations, it is important to ask about delivery details so you don’t end up getting your automobile a week or two later than you expected.
If you want your automobile to be entirely protected during the transportation process, an enclosed carrier is the way to go, but keep in mind, it will be more expensive. Enclosed carriers offer several significant benefits that justify the price increase, including reduced exposure to the elements and increased overall security. And, because the carrier only holds roughly three to five vehicles at a time, you’ll receive your car back faster at the destination.
The cost is, of course, the main disadvantage. Shipping your car in an enclosed carrier costs an extra $0.25 to $0.50 per mile.
Read Later: How Much Does it Cost to Ship a Car
- Expertise: Always go with a moving firm that has experience in handling relocations across the states. A company like this is considered to be capable of safely transporting things of various types and sizes.
- Authorized Movers: Employ qualified, licensed, and bonded movers who will not jeopardize your possessions or money.
- Armed With Tools: Choose from a list of moving firms that have all of the necessary materials, tools, and equipment to complete your relocation. Everything from moving blankets to trucks is included in this category.
- Additional Services: You never know what can happen before or during your move, so pick movers who provide additional services that may be useful during the relocation process such as storage, custom crating, loading, and unloading.
- Insurance Coverage: Your car insurance does not cover anything that happens to it while it is being transported. As a result, you must inquire about the insurance coverage provided by the vehicle shipping firm. Many shippers have their insurance certificates on their websites, while others would gladly show you theirs. You should inquire about the insurance’s specific coverage and determine whether it is adequate for you. If something goes wrong during delivery, the insurance will cover your vehicle against severe weather, a road accident, or a loss.
- Competitive Rate: There may be some movers to charge higher rates while, on the other hand, some lesser rates. So before finalizing your contract you must have discussions in detail with 3-4 movers.
- Pre-shipment Car Wash: When the truck driver comes to pick up your car, they will thoroughly inspect it for any existing damages, abrasions, or blemishes. You should wash your car first to reveal any scratches that may have been hidden by dirt. You or someone you trust should inspect the item again after delivery and review the truck driver’s inspection report for any additional scratches or damage that happened during transit. If the damage was caused by them, reputable companies will repair it or pay for it. It is advisable to take some photographs from different angles.
- Inspection Before Shipment: Before the shipper comes to pick up your car, you must do some preparation work. To get to the drop-off location, make sure the tires are aired and the car battery is completely charged. Check the emergency brake and empty the gas tank until just a quarter of a tank remains. Clean out any personal belongings in the car to prevent theft and ensure that all objects are secured; otherwise, they may cause damage to the vehicle’s interior during transfer.
By taking care of the above-mentioned precautions one can transport his car with full peace of mind and fly to the location and get delivery of the car.
Top 5 Best Car Shipping Companies in Alaska that You Can Get For Free Quotes
Safe & Secure
AutoStar Transport Express
Montway Auto Transport
BEST AUTO TRANSPORT MARKETPLACE
ROAD RUNNER AUTO TRANSPORT
A1 Auto Transport
BEST AUTO TRANSPORT MARKETPLACE
Crestline Auto Transport
|Car Shipping Companies||BBB||Trust Pilot||Transport Reviews||Google MyBusiness||Overall Rating||Detail|
|AUTOSTAR TRANSPORT EXPRESS||4.8/5||❌||5/5||4.3/5||9/10||Get Quote|
|MONTWAY AUTO TRANSPORT||4.51/5||4.5/5||4.6/5||4.5/5||9/10||Get Quote|
|ROADRUNNER AUTO TRANSPORT||1.5/5||2.5/5||4/5||4/5||8/10||Get Quote|
|A-1 AUTO TRANSPORT||3.35/5||2.0/5||1/5||3.1/5||8/10||Get Quote|
|CRESTLINE AUTO TRANSPORT||5/5||❌||❌||4.5||7.5/10||Get Quote|
1. AutoStar Transport Express
AutoStar Transport Express Company with a proven track record of providing reliable and secure transportation services for more than 13 years to every state in the USA and Internationally. Largest network of state to state car shipping.
AutoStar Transport Express gives proficient vehicle transport services, quality-driven, and reasonable vehicle dispatching solutions in Alaska. AutoStar began as a moderately small vehicle delivering company, yet over the most recent 13 years, have prospered and got one of the main auto vehicle suppliers in the United State.
AutoStar just utilize the best vehicle carriers and deal with all your coordination’s whether you need homegrown or global vehicle transportation. And Auto Star Transport Express has solid experience of vehicle delivery to Alaska with 1000+ surveys on Google and Transportreviews.com.
+ International Services
+ International shipping
+ Affordable Prices
– Guaranteed pickup dates
– Expedited Shipping
2. Montway Auto Transport
Montway Auto Transport is one of the most reputable car shipping company in Alaska. The shipping services offered by Montway Auto Transport are typically cheaper than those offered by competitors because of their relationships with over 15,000 vetted carriers.
Montway Auto Transport is one of the most popular auto transport brokers in the Alaska car shipping industry. The company provides standard shipping services, including open and enclosed transport, and several optional services like door-to-door transport, guaranteed pickup dates, expedited shipping, and Alaska car shipping, for an additional cost. The car shipper does not currently offer terminal-to-terminal shipping.
Montway Auto Transport works with over 15,000 vetted carriers to provide affordable shipping services, which are regularly lower than competitors’. Here are a few sample quotes received from Montway Auto Transport for an operable 2018 Honda CR-V using door-to-door delivery service.
+ Door to Door Car Shipping
+ Strong customer satisfaction and industry ratings
+ Free vehicle shipping insurance
– No shipping services for recreational vehicles or personal watercraft
3. ROADRUNNER AUTO TRANSPORT
When you need to transport a car to or from Alaska, you need an experienced Alaska auto transport company you can rely on. For over 30 years, Road Runner Auto Transport has been providing safe and reliable Alaska auto transport for both individual and business clients.
Road Runners robust systems enable us to continually assess the strengths of various carriers and monitor prevailing market rates. No matter what their transportation needs, Alaska clients trust that they can rely on us to provide the best possible solution and know that the culture of continuous process improvement will deliver the added value they deserve. Road Runner customers rely on its comprehensive knowledge of import and export processes and regulations that enables us to design custom, cost-effective, end-to-end international transportation solutions for any size load.
+ Cost effective
+ Excellent customer service
– No Rural Service
4. A1 Auto Transport
A-1 Auto Transport is one of the largest USA-based worldwide auto shippers in the industry. A1 have offices and storage facilities located in major cities and metro areas throughout the U.S and overseas, as well as a staff of experienced shipping professionals to make sure you get the service you need at a price that you’ll love.
The longer the distance, the more factors come into play during auto transportation. Once you cross over to another state, though shipping your car isn’t a problem, you must first make sure it meets the legal requirements there. You may also need a new driver’s license if you’re moving permanently.
A1 Auto Transport can ship your car to any part of the US, as well as to another country. To transport an antique or luxury vehicle to or from Miane, clients are usually looking for the highest level of safety and speed A1 Auto Transport can offer. For this reason, A-1 auto transport recommend its enclosed auto carriers. They are a bit more expensive, but they’re also superior in every other way.
+ No deposit upfront to schedule
+ International shipping
+ Affordable Prices
– No first responders and medical personnel
5. CRESTLINE AUTO TRANSPORT
Crestline Auto Transport is a trusted auto transport company in Alaska. The company does not require any upfront deposits, and its fees are free of hidden costs.
Alaska Auto Shipping is a car shipping broker with access to some of the most trusted carriers in the industry. Alaska Auto Shipping transports vehicles door-to-door at no extra cost to customers, and its team is fully licensed, bonded and insured. Each quote is handled by its trained transport specialists, not a computer algorithm, to make sure no discount or detail is overlooked. Alaska Auto Shipping does not charge a deposit until your vehicle is picked up.
Some auto shipping companies offer door-to-door service, which is when the company picks up and drops off your automobile at your doorstep. This option is more expensive, but it saves making trips to and from the regional storage centers where the car would be shipped otherwise.
+ Safe, and stress-free experience
+ The Leader In The Auto Transport Carrier
+ Integral Management
+ Economical Tailor-Made Solution
– More expensive
– Can be more time consuming
– Local roads may not permit the truck’s access